Steps to Clear Instagram Search History | Guide 2022
Buy real Instagram Followers and Likes UK - BuyInstagramFollowers.UK November 30th, 2020 Instagram
Accessibility is not an issue on the internet. You can access thousands of information very easily and quickly in just a few clicks and of course in a few seconds. On many popular apps like Instagram, it is also more easy and convenient. If you are looking for profiles, accounts, locations, and hashtags, Instagram makes all easily available.
You just go to the search bar, enter some keywords or profile names and a lot of results you will see. Instagram also saves the record about your search history and pages or accounts you visited in the past same as Google or any other search engines. When you search more for a keyword, you will get more regular suggestions about it.
Deleting Instagram Search History for Privacy Reason
Everyone needs privacy and what they do on their profile must not be visible to anyone. Or, if an account that you visited many times in the past and now it irritating you then deleting search history will help you and will erase it from suggestions.
It can be helpful in both situations like privacy and confidentiality, or you want to save yourself from embarrassment.
This is why Instagram gives you an option to deal with your search history.
Easy Steps to Clear/Delete Instagram Search History
Deleting your Instagram search history is so simple task and can be done within the app.
Here are some simple steps you need to take to get this done:
- Step 1: Log in to your account on the Instagram App
- Step 2: Click on the profile button, this will take you to your profile. The profile button looks like an icon for a person.
- Step 3: Then go on to the top left corner on your profile, there will be a menu icon looks like a small three horizontal lines, click on it and a drop-down menu will be open.
- Step 4: Here you choose a “Setting” option, it has a small gear icon that represents it.
- Step 5: Now, choose the security option here.
- Step 6: Insecurity option, there will be an option to “Clear Search History”. When trigger, choose “Yes, I’m sure” and your search history will be deleted.
Steps to take when Search History Doesn’t Clear
Sometimes search history might not be deleted due to some reasons when you go using the above steps. If such type of situations occurs, then there are some other steps you can take:
- Reboot your device and log in again to your account. Now do another attempt according to previous and I am sure it will work now.
If the problem exists, then go with the second option:
- Logout and again login to your account. This will refresh your activity.
- Step 1: Go to your Profile Page
- Step 2: Go to the menu by clicking on three horizontal lines
- Step 3: Click setting option on the bottom of the menu
- Step 4: Scroll down until you find the logout option of “your user account name”
- Step 5: Login again by using your username and password
- Clear cache on your device
- Step 1: Open Setting on your device
- Step 2: Under “Apps” option, Select Instagram
- Step 3: In Storage option, choose “Clear Cache” option
Hope now the problem will be solved but if it exists then go with 4th option:
- First, uninstall your app and reinstall it again.
- Step 1: Press and Hold on the Instagram app on your device Home Screen
- Step 2: Choose “uninstall”
- Step 3: Now, you must go to your app store and reinstall the app
- When you click on the search box, there will be a small cross icon next to each of every top suggestion. You can manually delete specific suggestions by clicking on the cross.
Steps to Hide Specific Account on Instagram
In some situations, you don’t want some accounts to appear on your Instagram, you can take some simple steps to make this happen:
- You can unfollow the specific account that you don’t want to see in your feed or suggestions. Here are the steps:
- Step 1: Click on the profile that you want to unfollow
- Step 2: Click on the icon which looks like a person with a tick next to it
- Step 3: A menu will appear on clicking, choose the “unfollow” option
- If the account is creating issues for you, then you have an option to block it completely.
- Step 1: Go to the profile that you want to block
- Step 2: Click on the three dots in the top right corner
- Step 3: In this menu, you can choose “block user” option
- Step 4: Click on “Yes, I’m sure” and the specific account will be blocked
- If someone posts or stories are irritating, you and you don’t want to see then you have an option to mute them.
- Step 1: Click on the profile you want to mute
- Step 2: Open the menu which is shown as three vertical dots
- Step 3: Click on “Mute”
- Step 4: Under the Mute option, there will be other three options as:
- Mute Posts
- Mute Story
- Mute Posts and Story
Steps to Block Your Stories from Specific People
Instagram also has features to keep your stories private or hidden form some specific accounts. You can also do this by following these two simple steps:
- Go to that specific account and click on three vertical dots on the pop-up menu. Here, you must choose the option “Hide my Story” and a person would not see your story anymore.
- If you want to hide your story from multiple people, then this is also an easy job. Go to your “Setting” and in the “Privacy” option choose “Story”. Here, you can hide your story from a list of people by adding them to the list.
Maintaining your privacy on Instagram is completely up to you. You can use simple built-in settings according to above whether it’s about your search history, Story or feed also. Always be careful about your privacy and be aware of who can see your content and who can’t. This is the age of Digitization and security is too much necessary.
If you are looking for a good company to Increase your Instagram followers and likes, Visit buyinstagramfollowers.uk.